Sunday 6 May 2012

Studying and exams and moving, oh my...

So I feel like I've just woken up from a four-week black out. Apparently, being able to function like a normal human being during final exams your first year of veterinary school is asking a little too much. On top of that, I spent every free second I had moving out of my apartment and into a new house with awesome room mates. I've had my nose in the books for weeks, but I'm finally done with finals! Yay!

So summer is officially here, and I'm back in Connecticut. I made the fourteen hour drive home two days ago, and I'm back on track with my training. I spent a few extra workouts for my couch-2-5k program on week 1. Its been a little harder on my knees and back than I would like, but I feel like I hit my stride on my run this morning. Tuesday will be my next run, and I'll be changing it up to week 2.

I've decided to take it a little slower with the P90X workouts that I'll be doing on my days off from running. I'm planning on working in the ab routine on a regular basis. I'm going to try to incorporate the other workouts in a few weeks when my body has adjusted a little better to running on a regular basis. I feel like every time I try to start a new workout program too fast, I overtrain, and end up taking three steps backwards instead of accomplishing what I originally intended to do. So for now, I'm going to keep plugging away at the miles, and I'm looking forward to Tuesday's run!

2 comments:

  1. What does the week 2 routine involve? Is it a similar to week 1 in that it's a combination of running/jogging and walking? I'd be interested to hear how the routines change from week to week and what affect those changes have. I mean it seems like shifting a minute here or there from running to walking, or something along those lines, wouldn't have a huge impact. But sometimes those little changes add up to something bigger.

    ReplyDelete